Who we serve:
Counties and organizations focused on helping 16-24 year-olds develop skills that prepare them for the workforce.
What we provide:
An online learning experience that develops vital skills needed for today’s workers. BuildEd provides the curriculum and the deployment assistance you need to ensure your target population gets the skills they need.
Skill training includes:
- Critical thinking
- Idea generation
- Importance of being a “value adder” to your employer
- How to advance your ideas
- Market analysis tools to evaluate the merits of business ideas
- Appreciation for the changing nature of today’s jobs and the importance of “becoming your own CEO.”
How it works:
A facilitator can guide participants through the classwork or students can complete courses at their own pace, online and join group discussions with the instructor. BuildEd provides training to facilitators to ensure that they can administer the course effectively. Your organization can choose if you want to include worksheets and grades. The flexible course design allows for your input on the length and style of the course.
BuildEd provides a turnkey solution that includes the content and deployment expertise to ensure that your workers have an engaging experience.
- Designed by educators with specialized experience in digital learning
- Developed by “master” entrepreneurs who created the World Series of Entrepreneurship these lessons guide a user through the process of creating and presenting a new idea or concept
- Shot in HD with professional voice overs and using hIghly relevant, real-world examples keeps participants engaged.
- 91% of millennials wish they had greater access to entrepreneurial education programs.
- 55,000 jobs open up every year requiring training beyond a high school diploma.
Source: Georgetown Center on Education and the Workforce “Recovery – Job Growth and Education Requirements Through 2020.”
- 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately end up working in completely new job types that don’t yet exist.
Outcomes you can expect for participants:
- Increased self-confidence
- Greater ability to add value to future employers
- Improved communication skills
- Critical thinking and better ability to perform “knowledge work.”
Participation in a World Series of Entrepreneurship event:
For students that want to develop and test a business concept, they can participate in the World Series of Entrepreneurship